We are living in an upgraded world. New business ideas are emerging with each passing day. One of the latest trends for reaching out to people is podcasting. It has become quite popular lately. Podcasting allows to communicate with the audience and present them encouraging updates. The topics can be anything but interesting. This article will guide you on the ways to turn your podcast into a video.
Find a topic:
For creating a video podcast, find a concept you find interesting and from which you can make many related topics. If you are brainstorming on finding a topic, check for it online. You will definitely find a topic that suits your interest.
Some ways to turn your podcast into a video podcast are as follows.
In-person recording setup:
- Shoot the video using a decent camera.
- Record the audio through a high-quality recorder and combine the video and audio in the post.
- Take care of the lightings. Make sure that your face is well lit and prevent direct light from falling behind you.
Look for a dedicated space and make sure that it is quiet. Remove all the sound-dampening things like couches and carpet. Turn off the background noises, if found any.
For filming in person, follow the below steps:
- Clean your video set, fix the camera, equipment, and mic.
- Test audio and video to avoid ruining the recording later.
- When you end your recording; organize it, rename the file, and upload them.
- Edit the video and remove the distractions, including intros, animations, and sync it.
- For mixing and mastering, extract audio from the edited version. Resync it with the video.
- Finally, post on your desired platform, optimize it for SEO.
Static image recording:
It is an easy and fast method for recording a video podcast. It needs you to convert the podcast audio file to a video file. Then, finally, include a static image for the background. Ensure that it is playable when the users listen.
Add the audio file and static image file together. For any style of video podcast, you can add static images, slides, and illustrations. And it does not matter if you have recorded the hosts.
To do it, follow the given below steps:
- Go through your entire episode and review it, and make a note of everything that is mentioned as a resource.
- Gather images, b-rolls, screenshots, and illustrations. Sprinkle it throughout the video.
- get the transcript of your episode. It ensures that you can see your video’s timestamps and make notes for the video editor that you are using.
Setting up video equipment inside your studio itself for capturing the conversation between guests and hosts is referred to as in-studio recording. You will need a good camera for capturing the conversation and then opt for a reliable video editing service. But for shots from different angles, you may need many cameras.
Remote interview recording:
It is about when you capture footage of different speakers who are not present in the same room together. In remote interview recording, the video displays all the speakers at the same time. All you will need is software or a tool that can capture different webcams at the same time. Make use of video tools for capturing the videos. At the same time, record a backup of the podcast audio, then combine the video and audio in a post.
Keep the lightings in the correct position. Find a pleasing room and make sure it is noiseless. Also, ensure that you have a clean background. This form of recording requires less equipment for management and can be done with a laptop.
The steps to opt for remote interview recording are:
- Pick up decent recording software.
- Send a link to your guest.
- Set up USB mics, headphones, and webcams.
- Ask your guest to improve their setup if required, and make sure that your guests have headphones on.
- Without a green screen, do not make use of virtual backgrounds.
- Test the mics of everyone, and for avoiding recording echo, make sure that everyone is wearing the headphones correctly. Setup a background recording to avoid the loss of files and always perform a quick test recording.
- Record the interview.
- Download the video files.
- Include a branded background in the videos.
- For mixing and mastering, extract the audio from the edited version, and resync it with the video.
- Finally, upload your video on your desired platform, and do not forget to optimize it for SEO before uploading.
Interview and b-roll recording:
It is a combination of b-roll or archival footage having a standard podcast recording. For example, if a speaker speaks about a movie clip, chart, or news article, you may need to edit it and display it in the video for your viewers to watch. The production quality stay is superior. And this format makes engaging podcasts.
Including a b-roll, slide, and PowerPoint presentation can improve the podcast experience. The aim of this type of podcast is to make it more exciting and interesting. While you turn your podcast into a video podcast, include the necessary content for your audience to let them comprehend what you are talking about.
Do everything in the correct order:
Make the video podcast, record it, edit it in the best possible way. Do not mess with the audio file and then upload your video podcasts on different platforms. For making the best edits, you may easily avail of the best podcast editing services.
There are versatile usages of video podcasts. Now, for distributing your video podcast, there are some platforms. It includes YouTube, Spotify, Snapchat, Instagram, and Facebook. Track the performance of your podcasts on these platforms.
However, before uploading, optimize the keywords for SEO. Opt for social media promotion. Tag mentioning the entrepreneurs and businesses. Invite guests over. Make YouTube snippets. Opt for blogging for keeping an alternative approach and share the repurposed content.
Turning your video into podcast videos is not a simple task. But, if you keep up with the above ways, you will be on the correct possible track. There are different types of video podcasts out there. And each one has its own needs of setup and equipment. Whatever you do, focus on the editing part, and make sure you do not tamper with the audio quality.
SoundCloud Alternatives for Hosting Podcasts
We are living in an upgraded world. New business ideas are emerging with each passing...